Countless business owners, whether small-sized to big corporations, have always recognized the importance of creating a safe and healthy working environment for their employees. However, no matter how careful someone tries to be, accidents may still occur. Based on the news article updated on 31 Dec 2022, there were a total of 46 workplace fatality in 2022.
Some professional help can take your health and safety practices to greater heights. That is why in this article, we will be discussing the importance of having a safety consultant or wsh consultant in Singapore, and what they contribute to your company.
What is a Safety Consultant or WSH Consultant?
First and foremost, we must understand what a safety consultant is. Safety professionals like safety or WSH consultants provide expert guidance and advice to clients regarding their workplace, helping them achieve proper safety before, during, and after accomplishing the said project or work.
What Responsibilities Does a WSH Consultant Have?
While companies may have different priorities when it comes to hiring their own safety consultant, they offer three primary benefits:
- Ensure compliance with federal, state and local safety regulations
- Provide a safe working environment for your employees
- Manage risks and reduce liability
Safety consultants have a lot of responsibilities, and they vary depending on the specific reason why the management hired them. However, they mainly take care of tasks such as
- Program Evaluation: When given a new project, it is the duty of the safety consultant to first look into an organization’s existing safety-related policies and programs and evaluate them. With that, the consultant can then determine whether their practices need improvements, based on their expert knowledge.
- Identify Existing Problems: After everything has been properly evaluated, the safety consultant must then observe. By spending time in an organization’s workspaces, the consultant can determine how the workers carry out safety practices. Because of this, they will be able to identify any shortcomings and make adjustments accordingly. They can achieve this through personal testing of machinery, if possible, or supervising contractors while they work.
- Investigate Any Incident: Unfortunately, there are instances where on-site incidents occur which result in the hiring of safety consultants. With that, it is their responsibility to investigate the circumstances that lead to the incident, as well as the response and post-incident follow-up.
- Provide Safety Manuals and Policies: Once the organization’s safety needs are fully understood, the safety consultant may be expected to write safety manuals and response plans for ongoing use.
- Spearhead Training: Given their expert knowledge, safety consultants can also be hired to deliver mandated safety training or certifications to an organization’s employees. It is a must that the training meets all federal, state, local and/or industry requirements.
Hire Your Very Own Safety Consultant in Singapore from Advance Safe!
Safety is not something you will ever want to skimp out on as a business owner. In fact, it is your responsibility to always put the safety of your employees first before anything else. Not only will this allow for a secure, accident-free workplace, but it can also contribute to your company’s overall success. Consider Advance Safe to provide you with the best safety consultants to ensure a safe and productive working environment for your business. Visit our website or call us at (+65) 6252 4456 today!